The Kentucky Horse Council has announced its second annual Recreational Rider Day to be held Feb. 25 at the University of Louisville Shelby Road campus from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
CINCH Jeans & Shirts has acquired the Ranch Sorting National Championships (RSNC) in hopes to further membership and prize money growth. Both companies are committed to western lifestyle preservation in their pursuit to combine tradition and innovation.
The Extreme Mustang Makeover (EMM) is stopping in West Springfield, Massachusetts, June 15-17; Reno, Nevada, June 23-24; and Lexington, Kentucky, July 6-8. This event, produced by the Mustang Heritage Foundation in partnership with the Bureau of Land Management’s (BLM) Wild Horse and Burro Program, is currently seeking youth and adult trainers to participate in the 100-day wild horse training challenge.
Due to inclement weather expected in Oklahoma City, the Oklahoma Quarter Horse Association (OQHA) Convention and Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony that was originally slated for Jan. 13-14 will be held Jan. 27-28. The Oklahoma Quarter Horse Hall of Fame was created in 2005 to recognize outstanding individuals and horses whose contributions involving the American Quarter Horse significantly impacted Oklahoma’s equine industry.
The 2017 Oklahoma Quarter Horse Hall of Fame inductees being honored at the event include Wayne Halvorson, Ray Kimsey, Carl Pevehouse, Bill Price, Eastex, Mr Master Bug, Perpetualism and the Lazy E Ranch. Don Earl LaPorte will receive the Bud Breeding Spirit Award.
Nutrition affects your horse's hooves, but balance is essential for hoof health.
More Articles ...
- Horse Racing Legislation to be Introduced in Georgia
- How Much Do You Know About PPID?
- American Horse Council Celebrates National Day of the Horse
- Ali Mullin Crowned Miss Rodeo Canada 2017
- UC Davis Veterinary Hospital Welcomes New Farrier
- OSU Equestrian Team Horses Found in Holding Pen
- IEA Announces New Horsemanship Program
- John Malone named 2017 Citizen of the West
- NWSS Announces New Youth Scholarship Program
- Free Safe Fall Grazing Webinar Scheduled
- Tax Relief Companies Accused of False Advertising
- RFD-TV’s The American Returns to AT&T Stadium Feb. 19
- Louisiana Horses in Need Following Historic Flooding
- IHSA to Test New Student Leadership Initiative: UCF Alum Morgan Sykes Named Liaison
- Operation Gelding Receives Grant to Expand Program
- Boehringer Ingelheim Vetmedica, Inc. Requests Proposals for Equine Research Awards
- Dr. Stover Selected for Equine Research Hall of Fame
- The Bachelorette’s Luke Pell Teams Up with Time to Ride
- AYHC Invites Proposals for 2017 Symposium Presentations
- Merial Launches iPhone-Friendly App Ride to Win
- Metabolic Patients for Research Study Wanted
- Time to Ride, Microchipping Highlight AHC National Issues Forum
- UC Davis Acquires First Equine PET Scanner
- 7th Circuit Court of Appeals Reverses Tax Court Decision
- An Ounce of Prevention
- EIA Confirmed in Saskatchewan
- USEF & Time to Ride Partner in Let’s Move Initiative
- AHC Announces Speakers for 2016 Issues Forum
- Will Rogers Memorial Center Added to National Register of Historic Places
- Upgraded World Equestrian Center Nears Completion
- Controlling Parasites Through Pasture Management
- IEA Wraps Up National Finals
- New Mexico Racing Commission Announces Full Court Press for Out-of-Competition Testing
- Appeals Court Overturns Tax Court Ruling on Business vs. Hobby
- Legal Arena: Issues Frequently Raised in IRS Audits
- Historic MOU Signing Kicks Off Collaborative Partnership Between Canadian and Chinese Equestrian Industries
- Class Schedule Released for 50th Annual All American Quarter Horse Congress
- EQSportsNet Offers Live Coverage of IHSA National Championships
- Wasatch Academy Offers Rodeo Scholarships
- Invitational Ranch Rodeo Will Return to 111th National Western Stock Show