CMT today announced that the wildly popular series, The Last Cowboy will premiere commercial free on Friday, November 17 at 8PM ET/PT.
From Yellowstone co-creator Taylor Sheridan, The Last Cowboy is a documentary-competition series chronicling the elite competition of reining. Men and women face off against one another as they guide their horses through a precise pattern of circles, spins, rollbacks and stops.
In 2019, Sheridan upped the ante, launching the “The Run for a Million,” an arena-based reining competition with a prize worth $1 million that takes place at the South Point Arena and Equestrian Center in Las Vegas. Fans get an inside look at the daily lives of these men and women as they train and make preparations for the big event which will close out the series.
This season, Sheridan’s “The Run for a Million” is back and bigger than ever. Seventeen riders qualify to compete for the $1 million top prize, including more women than ever before. Meanwhile, the “Run for a Million” has expanded to also encompass cutting and reined cow horse, which test riders’ ability to work with cattle.
Featured this season on The Last Cowboy:
- Cira Baeck is back after withdrawing from the competition last year upon her pregnancy announcement. With a newborn at home, her sights are set on going all the way
- Andrea Fappani has a new rival on the pro circuit – his son
- Casey Deary has all the momentum, taking home trophies in a range of competitions, but can he finally conquer the “Run for a Million?”
- Matt Mills pulls out all the stops in hopes of breaking his qualifying curse
- Francesco Martinotti is desperate to prove he can compete with the best
- And there’s a new McCutcheon on the pro scene, threatening to take the crown
- Young superstar Adan Banuelos challenges cutting’s most accomplished veterans
The Last Cowboy is produced for CMT by Truly Original with Glenda Hersh, Steven Weinstock, Michelle Schiefen, Apryl Richards and Elizabeth Ashe serving as executive producers. Taylor Sheridan, David C. Glasser, Ron Burkle, Bob Yari and David Hutkin serve as executive producers. Keith Cox and Todd Baynes oversee the production for CMT.