Shine Chic Shine
Purchased at the National Reining Horse Association (NRHA) Markel Futurity Sales, Shine Chic Shine continues to build upon his impressive resume. Two years after crossing the million dollar milestone, ‘Shine’ is now officially passed the NRHA $2 Million Sire Mark.
Bred by Manntana LLC, Shine was shown by NRHA Hall of Famer Shawn Flarida. Although the pair only showed at six events, they earned over $148,000. In 2011, the duo earned a National Reining Breeders Classic Level 4 Open Championship after scoring a 231 in a runoff for the title, and the NRHA Derby Level 4 Open Co-Reserve Championship, cementing their beginning in reining history.
Produced by two NRHA Hall of Famers (Smart Chic Olena x Ebony Shines x Shining Spark), it is only fitting that Shine is now producing reining royalty. At the 2023 The Run for a Million, Shine’s top-earning offspring, Best Shine, earned the Million Dollar Competition Championship with Jason Vanlandingham. This win created a wave of milestones. Best Shine pushed his dam, Best Stop, to be an NRHA $1 Million Dam, Vanlandingham to an NRHA $3 Million Rider, and Shine Chic Shine to an NRHA $2 Million Sire for owner Fabio De Iulio.
Along with performing well for NRHA Professionals, one of Shine Chic Shine’s offspring has made his mark with a Non Pro. Shining N Tinseltown has earned $53,631 in NRHA lifetime earnings (LTE) with Emily Opell. The pair has earned all but $45 of his LTE together, with their largest win being the 2022 6666 NRHA Derby presented by Markel Level 2 Non Pro Championship.
Shine Chic Shine’s top-earning offspring are:
- Best Shine (out of Best Stop), owned by Bob Santagata, bred by Wagman Ranch Inc.
- PS Mega Shine Chic (out of Megas Sugar Baby), owned by Adh-Mor Ranch, Patsy Shelton Schutz
- Shine Colt Shine (out of Gunners Miss Oak), owned by Gaynia Revenberg, bred by Amabile & Strusiner
- Shine Plum Shine (out of Plum Reyning), owned by Barbara Phillips, bred by Rosanne Sternberg
- Shining N Tinseltown (out of Wimps Tinseltown), owned by Steve Opell, bred by Charles Vaughan
Inferno Sixty Six
Just 15 months after becoming an NRHA $1 Million Sire, Inferno Sixty Six reached his next milestone. This special stallion is officially an NRHA $2 Million Sire, just three years after his first foals entered the show pen.
Bred by Hilldale Farm, Inferno Sixty Six is by NRHA $10 Million Sire Gunnatrashya and out of Hall of Famer and $1 Million Dam, Snip O Gun. From the moment he was born, his success was manifested.
Owner Domenico Lomuto, with Slide or Die LLC, posted a photo of the foal stating that he would be the 2015 NRHA Futurity Champion, and he was nearly correct.
$1 Million Rider Franco Bertolani piloted Inferno Sixty Six to tie for the high score of the 2015 NRHA Level 4 Open Futurity Finals. After a runoff, the pair took home the Reserve Championship with a half point less, but that did not slow the pair down. Bertolani and the stallion earned more than $205,000 in the show pen together.
As the stallion continues to produce winning offspring, the latest 3-year-olds have started to enter the show pen. Inferno Thirty Five, bred by NRHA Corporate Partner Cardinal Hill Training Center LLC and owned by Steve Archer, has already made his mark. With NRHA $8 Million Rider Andrea Fappani at the reins, Inferno Thirty Five won The Invitational Open Futurity in Tulsa with a 225. This stallion’s debut in the show pen earned the duo $100,000 for the win.
With many major futurities left this fall, Inferno Sixty Six is already blazing his path to the next million dollar milestone.
Inferno Sixty Six has nine offspring with more than $50,000 in NRHA Lifetime Earnings, with his top earners being:
- Winding Inferno (out of Wind Her Up Chic), owned by Teton Ridge, bred by Cardinal Hill Training Center LLC
- FS Inferno (out of FS Smart Doc Chic), owned by Gilberto Leal, bred by Raul Leal
- Surprizing Sixty Six (out of Dun With Surprizes), owned by Janiene Borror, bred by Valentin Rascon
- Bringnthaheat (out of Tackie Dreams), owned by Abby Lengel, bred by Slide or Die LLC
- Inferno Thirty Five (out of Madeof Pure Spangled), owned by Steve Archer, bred by Cardinal Hill Training Center LLC
- Gangsta Sixtysix (out of Rush N Cat), owned by Julio Mora Hernandez, bred by Lorenzo Lotti