The Annual Return to the Remuda sale was hosted at the Four Sixes Ranch in Guthrie, Texas, on October 1, where the Beggs Cattle Company, Four Sixes Ranch, Tongue River Ranch, Pitchfork Land and Cattle Company, King Ranch and Wagonhound Land & Livestock, sold 165 horses to the public.
“Due to the strong horse market, we expected a larger crowd this year. We experienced the largest crowd on hand for both the demonstration and sale and had buyers from 17 different states,” said Four Sixes Ranch Horse Division Manager and Resident Veterinarian Dr. Glenn Blodgett.
Across the board the sale was strong with gross sales of nearly $3,500,000 and the highest overall average of $21,307, a 17 percent increase over 2021 with three fewer horses sold and a more than 72 percent increase over all previous Return to the Remuda sales. Overall, the 2-year-old geldings saw the biggest gains with a 63 percent increase over 2021 and yearlings saw a 35 percent increase.
“Collectively as a group our goal is to develop horses that are desirable both on the ranch and in the arena. This year’s high seller was a young red roan stallion prospect sired by Bet Hesa Cat that will be starting a new career in the roping pen under two-time PRCA World Champion Header Clay Smith. In addition, several large ranches here buying our stock. The sale increases we saw this year reinforced the fact that we are all on the right track with our breeding programs,” commented Blodgett.
Congratulations to the connections of the top 5 sellers:
- Hip #90 BET HESA GINNIN “Duece”, 2016 red roan stallion (Bet Hesa Cat – Ginnin Stoli, by Stoli). Consigned by Four Sixes Ranch – $100,000.
- Hip #111 PRAIRIE SAGE, 2020 gray filly (Bet Hesa Cat – Natural Sage, by Playgun). Consigned by Four Sixes Ranch – $87,000.
- Hip #142 STREAKIN RUSTY “Clyde”, 2016 bay gelding (Mr Jess Perry – Rustys Quickid, by Royal Quick Dash). Consigned by Four Sixes Ranch – $80,000.
- Hip #140 CATS CANYON, 2013 sorrel mare (WR This Cats Smart – Wall Canyon, by Justa Swinging Peppy). Consigned by Four Sixes Ranch – $75,000
- Hip #12 DOUBLE MOUNTAIN FORK “Banana Pudding”, 2011 gray gelding (Playboys Buck Fever – Miss May Sun, by Mr Sun O Lena). Consigned by Four Sixes Ranch – $65,000.
Plans for the 2023 Return to the Remuda Sale are already in motion. “We appreciate all of the people that join us annually for this sale and look forward to making it better for them every year,” concluded Blodgett.
Complete sale results are available at www.6666ranch.com.