Two auctions benefitting the Reining Horse Foundation will be held this summer at The Run For A Million.
A silent and also a live auction will be held during the show, which is scheduled for Aug. 18-21 at the South Point Hotel, Casino & Spa in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Officials say NRHA President and Foundation Board Member Rick Clark reached out to The Run For A Million team leaders Taylor Sheridan and Amanda Brumley about a fundraiser at the event. The event will featuring items for bidding throughout the competition and a live auction that will precede the Gala Select Sale on August 21.
“We were already set to have our volunteers run an RHF booth at the event to encourage people to be part of the Reiners Club, and I asked what we could do to raise money while we were there,” Clark said in a statement. “Amanda suggested a silent and live auction and this grew from that. I ran the idea past the RHF Development Committee and Board and got their blessing, then challenged each of them to get donations for the auction.”
Brumley said the auctions will be massive – both in content and in result.
“When Rick asked me what we could do, I thought this would be a perfect venue and a big moneymaker for the Foundation – considering the huge crowd,” she said in a statement. “The energy of the event will help the items sell.”
Officials say with Las Vegas opening completely on June 1, The Run For A Million event is expected to be a sellout, and the response to the auction should result in considerable benefit for the Foundation.
We encourage people to get creative with what they can donate – with items in all price ranges. I urge everyone to take part and help the Reining Horse Foundation so it can help others,” Brumley said. “We are all paying it forward.”
Already, the items donated for the auctions are indicative of the impact of the event and promise to create a fun event that raises money for an important cause.
- 2022 Fort Worth Stock Show & Rodeo VIP “Night at the Rodeo” donated by BMW Quarter Horses
- 100X Custom J.W. Brooks Hat donated by J.W. Brooks
- Custom Belt made and donated by Eclectic Beadwork
- Headstall donated by Mullinax Custom Leather
- Custom Headstall donated by Bob’s Custom Saddles
- Show Pad by Golden West donated by Nancy Tague
- Show Pad donated by Show Diva
- Show Pad donated by Show Stoppin
- Moody Chic Scrap Sketch Ink/Watercolor by artist Josey Butler, donated by Terri Mainey
- Commissioned Drawing created by and donated by Kaci O’Rourke
- A Breeding and Chute Fee for No Smoking Required, the co-champion of The Run For A Million 2019 donated by owners Schmersal/ThorSport Inc.
Other items are being received daily and there is still plenty of time to take part in the auctions! Donations of trips, unique experiences, services, training packages, artwork, jewelry, goods and more are all welcome. Donors should submit by August 1 to Brumley Management Group, Attn: RHF Auction, 28150 N Alma School Pkwy #103-619, Scottsdale, AZ 85262. For information on the auction or RHF, contact Leslie Baker at [email protected] or (405) 946-7400, ext. 106.