The deadline is approaching fast to apply for the National Cutting Horse Association (NCHA) summer internship program.
The program is now longer than previous years, allowing participants time to work with multiple departments and gain a more all-inclusive experience, officials say.
The summer internship runs June 2-Aug. 11, although officials say the start date is flexible. Each internship will be tailored to the individual participant. The program pays a stipend of $10 an hour.
The deadline to apply for the internship program is Thursday, May 13.
“This extended duration also allows NCHA to offer more leadership opportunities and will allow interns to work on projects that will have a lasting impact on NCHA,” the NCHA said in a statement announcing the openings. “Interns will work with nearly every department, and they will gain hands-on learning experiences with staff, partners, and membership.”
- Assisting the show department with producing the NCHA Metallic Cat Summer Cutting Spectacular in Fort Worth, Texas
- Assisting the marketing team on various projects including pre and post-event print, social, and digital coverage of the NCHA Metallic Cat Summer Cutting Spectacular
- Assisting the NCHA team with coordinating sponsor and partner assets
- Experience in the horse industry (knowledge of horse shows and competitions is preferred)
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Excellent writing and organizational skills
- Experience with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Ability to meet deadlines and effectively multi-task
- Must be driven and a self-starter willing to put in the work
To apply, email a resume to NCHA Business Development Manager Carley Montemuro at [email protected]. Montemuro also can be contacted with questions.