It was less than two years ago that Wimpys Little Step became only the third sire to father more than $11 million in National Reining Horse Association (NRHA) winners, just behind Topsail Whiz and Gunner.
Now, he’s reached the level of NRHA Twelve Million Dollar Sire.
Out of NRHA Three Million Dollar Sire and Hall of Famer Nu Chex To Cash, Wimpys Little Step was bred by NRHA Million Dollar Owner Hilldale Farm. The 21-year-old stallion is out of Leolita Step (by Forty Seven) and is stood by owner Silver Spurs Equine, LLC in Purcell, Oklahoma.
Wimpys Little Step boasts a short but decorated show career with NRHA Hall of Fame Inductee Shawn Flarida. The pair won the All-American Quarter Horse Congress Level 4 Open Futurity, followed almost immediately by the 2002 NRHA Futurity Level 4 Open Championship. Wimpys Little Step has $185,756 in NRHA lifetime earnings.
During the 2020 NRHA Futurity, Wimpys Little Step had three offspring make the Open finals and four in the Non-Pro finals. Combined, the seven entries earned more than $67,000, and Wimpys Little Step sailed across the $12 million mark.
Step N Past Ya (out of ARC Sail Past Ya x Gunnatrashya) was his top earner in the Level 4 Non-Po finals under the guidance of Gina-Marie Schumacher. With a score of 218, the duo earned a cool $19,573.
Earning $15,388 in the Level 3 Open finals and another $8,718 in the Level 2 Open finals was Blonde Addy Tude (out of Miss Lil Addy Tude x Whizard Jac). At the reins was NRHA Professional Patrick Flaherty piloting for owner Tim Ruckman.
Wimpys Little Step’s top offspring include (NRHA lifetime earnings only):
- NRHA Million Dollar Dam and Hall of Famer Wimpys Little Chic ($516,555, out of NRHA Hall of Fame Inductee Collena Chic Olena x Smart Chic Olena)
- RC Fancy Step ($364,454, out of Sonita Wilson x Doc Wilson)
- Wimpys Little Buddy ($285,358, out of All Thats Dun x Hollywood Dun It)
- Wimpyneedsacocktail ($280,379, out of Seven S Mimosa x Hollywood Dun It)
- CFR Centenario Wimpy ($173,740, out of Miss Hollywood Whiz x Topsail Whiz)