The American Paint Horse Association (APHA) Chrome Cash program paid out more than $17,0000 to Paints competing at the 2020 National Reined Cow Horse Association (NRCHA) Derby and the 2020 National Cutting Horse Association (NCHA) Summer Spectacular.
The NRCHA Derby, which took place June 7–14 in Scottsdale, Arizona, was the first NRCHA event to offer Chrome Cash classes—events that are run as a class within a class and are open only to APHA regular registry and solid Paint-bred horses.
McSpyder Ranch added $2,000 to the Chrome Cash classes, which paid out a total of $2,625 to four competitors. Results were based on preliminary scores.
- $975 — Duallicious, owned by Becky L. Smith and ridden by Robert J. Smith III
- $650 — Flint McCullough, owned by McSpyder Ranch and ridden by Todd A. Bergen
- $625 — Bet Hes Royal, owned and ridden by Abrian J. Harris Bass
Derby Non-Pro Limited
- $375 — Shes Divine, owned and ridden by Kathleen J. Pinkley
NCHA Summer Spectacular
The NCHA Summer Spectacular had 33 participating APHA horses and paid out more than $14,000 during the show held July 10–29 in Fort Worth, Texas. Results were based on highest-advancing score in qualifying classes (3 or more entries).
- $1,604 — Buonvino, owned by Billy Wolf and ridden by Beau Galyean
- $1,069 — Metallic Huntress, owned by Chris & Tracy Brengard and ridden by Matt Miller
- $1,337 — Two Hot, owned by Jeff & Jennifer Foland and ridden by Jennifer Foland
4-Year-Old Intermediate Non-Pro
- $1,069 — Two Hot, owned by Jeff & Jennifer Foland and ridden by Jennifer Foland
- $713 — Lourdes, owned by Beau Galyean and ridden by Ashley Galyean
- $1,337 — R Maximillion Kat, owned by Gary & Michelle Reichart and ridden by Michelle Reichart
4-Year-Old Intermediate Amateur
- $1,337 — Its MC Hammer Time, owned and ridden by Tye Baca
- $1,337 — Dual Reyish, owned by Billy Wolf and ridden by Austin Shepard
- $891 — Im Countin On Annie, owned by Holy Cow Performance Horses and ridden by Matt Miller
5/6-Year-Old Intermediate Open
- $1,337 — Rusty Blue Metallic, owned by Twisted L Ranch and ridden by Russ Carroll
- $1,337 — Metallic Mania (pictured at top), owned by SMF Cutting Horses and ridden by Steven Finer
5/6-Year-Old Intermediate Non-Pro
- $1,337 — Cinderella Cat, owned and ridden by Kenli Marvin
Future Chrome Cash Classes
The next NCHA Chrome Cash event is the Cascades Futurity in Redmond, Oregon, August 8–16.
The next NRCHA event offering Chrome Cash is the Stallion Stakes in Las Vegas, Nevada, August 22–30. McSpyder Ranch has also added $2,000 to that event.