The American Paint Horse Association (APHA) is seeking nominations for this year’s APHA Distinguished Service Award.
Created in 1983, the APHA Distinguished Service Award recognizes members who have made outstanding contributions in service to both the Paint Horse and APHA. The award honors those who embody what the organization stands for, and who go above and beyond to inspire, nurture, promote and provide meaningful experiences for those who love the versatile Paint Horse.
To be considered for the award, the member must have established a long-standing, consistent pattern of service through giving time, effort, special knowledge or skill in an unselfish manner to advance the Paint Horse and the association. Their contributions can be on a regional, state or national level. Any APHA member, group or club is invited to submit nominees.
The Distinguished Service Award Committee, which is comprised of the three most current past-presidents, chooses the recipient based upon nominations received.
Nominees must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Must be a member in good standing for a minimum of 15 years
- Must own or have owned a Paint Horse
- Be involved in regional leadership
- Must have served as a regional club officer, national officer, director or committee member
- Must be recognized for having made a major contribution to a regional, state or national activity
- May not be a past president of the Association
Nominations must be received at APHA by May 15 to be considered for the current year. The award is presented at the annual APHA Convention. Nomination forms can be sent to [email protected]. For more details, call 817-222-6403.
For more news and information from the Western performance horse industry, subscribe to Quarter Horse News.