Deadlines are coming up fast for the 2018 National Reined Cow Horse Association (NRCHA) Snaffle Bit Futurity.
The association recently announced a number of deadlines and changes for the 2018 show in Fort Worth, Texas.
Payouts at the Snaffle Bit Futurity show are expected to top $1.1 million. The NRCHA announced the Open Futurity Champion will receive a paycheck of $125,000; in addition, each Open Finalists will earn at least a $10,000 paycheck.
In addition, the $100,000-added World Champion Rope Horse Futurity, sponsored by DT Horses, and NRCHA Hall of Fame Banquet will offer plenty of action and excitement.
In addition to showcasing the best 3-year-olds in the business, the Snaffle Bit Futurity show also includes the Hackamore Classic — a place where 4-and-5-year-old horses showcase their talent in all three events, while being shown two-handed in a hackamore. The Snaffle Bit Futurity also hosts a full-slate of horse show classes and a $15,000-added AQHA Ranching Heritage Challenge.
New this year, exhibitors in horse show classes and the AQHA Ranching Heritage classes can buy a weekend stall for $100. These stalls are located under the Multi-Purpose Building and can be used up to two nights.
Also, tickets will only be required for the performance on Saturday, Oct. 20. All other performances will be free. Tickets will go on sale Aug. 20.
And, as announced a few weeks ago, Open finalists in the Snaffle Bit Futurity will only have to make one run during the Open finals.
This year will once again feature the Snaffle Bit Futurity Sales. The industry’s leading sale company, Western Bloodstock, Ltd., presents some of the finest equine athletes and show horse prospects in the business. There also will be a Sponsor Showcase for spectators to check out.
The 2018 National Reined Cow Horse Association Snaffle Bit Futurity entry process is well underway. Upcoming deadlines are:
- All SBF slot/progressive entries and miscellaneous fees must be paid in full – postmarked
- SBF sale consignments due to Western Bloodstock, Ltd.
- Open/Non Pro slot entries must be named – horses and riders
- Horse Show entries due
- Hackamore Classic entries due
- AQHA Ranching Heritage entries due
- Stall and pre-bedding orders due – click here for stabling request form
- Last day to switch SBF slots between Open and Non Pro
- SBF entries not named or paid in full will not be included in the draw
- Snaffle Bit Futurity draw
- Hackamore Classic draw – herd work only
- Move-in begins – 8 a.m. No exceptions,
Other Important Information for 2018:
Futurity Prelims: 8 lope toward
Futurity Finals: 2 lope toward
Horse Show/Hackamore Classic: 10 lope toward
Open Bridle/Open Hackamore Prelims: 10 lope toward
Open Bridle/Open Hackamore Finals: 5
RV Hook Ups
First come, first serve and are handled through the facility. No reservations accepted.