RFD-TV’s The American is proud to announce the launch of the 2017-2018 American Ambassadors, a new educational program focused on recruiting upper-level college students and active FFA members seeking experience in the rodeo industry. In addition, students with skills in social media marketing, writing and photography are encouraged to apply.
This unique, year-long opportunity will allow participants to work alongside RFD-TV’s The American executive marketing and events teams. American Ambassadors will attend various rodeo events while serving as representatives of RFD-TV’s The American through social media and grassroots marketing efforts, and assist with live event production.
“This will be the first year for our American Ambassador program, and we could not be more excited,” said Billy Frey, Chief Marketing Officer for RFD-TV. “The Ambassador program will allow students a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to gain real world experience, but it will also give Western sports fans the opportunity to stay up to date on what’s happening with The American.”
RFD-TV is now accepting applications for the American Ambassador program. Activation will commence in July 2017 and will last through March 2018. Requirements and responsibilities for applicants include:
- Be familiar with the rodeo industry.
- Attend RFD-TV’s THE AMERICAN qualifiers (barrel racing, tie-down roping, team roping, steer wrestling) to provide strategic social media coverage, collect photos and video, conduct interviews, and distribute marketing materials provided by RFD-TV.
- Create content following each attended qualifier.
- Have a general familiarization with RFD-TV’s THE AMERICAN and its purpose within the glorious world of Western sports.
- Have an above average social media presence (post engagement and followers) on Instagram and Twitter.
- Experience with Canva, Photoshop/Lightroom, Facebook, Facebook LIVE, Twitter, Instagram, photography, email, Periscope, AP style, writing skills and attention to detail
For more information on RFD-TV’s THE AMERICAN, visit americanrodeo.com.