Legendary country group The Bellamy Brothers will headline a concert benefitting youth cutters at the upcoming National Cutting Horse Association (NCHA) Summer Spectacular in Fort Worth.
Best known for hits like Redneck Girl, Let Your Love Flow and Old Hippie, the Bellamy Brothers will perform at 8 p.m., Friday, July 28, in Will Rogers Auditorium after the conclusion of the High Brow CD Youth World Finals. The opening act is Jason Cassidy.
The concert benefits the National Youth Cutting Horse Association (NYCHA). Ticket prices will be finalized later this week, at which point they will be available for purchase on ticketmaster.com, said Jody McGlothlin, chair of the NCHA youth committee.
“We’re going to have a variety of seating but it’s going to be a very affordable event,” she said.
Also on Friday, spectators – including youth – will have the opportunity to watch the Youth World Finals while eating dinner at the Backstage Club. Food will be prepared by Reata Restaurant.
Organizers hope the entertainment and cutting events will allow families inside and outside the sport of cutting to enjoy a fun and affordable day taking in the action at Will Rogers, McGlothlin said.
There is no charge to watch the youth cutting events. Last year, Kenli Marvin, of Barnsdale, Oklahoma, won the Senior Youth World Championship with MK Vivian. Lexy Slaughter, of Hempstead, Texas, was Junior Youth World Champion with Frecky Lena Pep.
“We’re hoping to fill the seats in the Will Rogers and just make it a really nice event for families around the DFW area, so that way we can expose cutting to a wide variety of people,” McGlothlin said.
Several VIP packages for the concert, including backstage passes, dinner, private seating options and group seating options are available. Customized packages also are available for individuals or companies interested in donating to the youth events. For details, contact McGlothlin at 901-634-5090 and email@example.com or Ashley Thomas at 817-244-6188, ext. 126 and firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional youth activities at the Summer Spectacular include pizza parties, a dance party, a donut breakfast, free cutting clinic, leadership conference and live entertainment at the National Cowgirl Hall of Fame and Museum.
The NYCHA is still accepting auction items for the silent and live auctions, which will be held Saturday in conjunction with the annual banquet. For details, contact McGlothlin at 901-634-5090 or email@example.com or Ashley Thomas at 817-244-6188, ext. 126 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Summer Spectacular Youth and Entertainment Events
(Start times of most activities will be finalized closer to the event.)
Monday, July 24:
- Free Cutting Horse Central youth cutting clinic at W.R. Watts Arena. Participants will work on the flag and cows. Trainers will be available to offer tips.
- Check in for Youth Week
- Family Fun Night and pizza party
Tuesday, July 25:
- Switch House Ranch Youth Scholarship Cutting junior first go
- Junior and Senior High Brow CD Youth World Finals first go
Wednesday, July 26:
- Switch House Ranch Youth Scholarship Cutting senior first go
- High Brow CD Youth World Finals junior and senior finals go
Thursday, July 27:
- Donut breakfast and leadership conference
- Pizza party and general meeting
- Scholarship finals draw party and food truck celebration at the National Cowgirl Hall of Fame and Museum. There will be live entertainment from singer Katy Keenie with a dance party afterward at the Will Rogers Memorial Center.
Friday, July 28:
- Youth grand entry, followed by Switch House Ranch Youth Scholarship Cutting Junior and Senior finals
High Brow CD Youth World Finals
Youth are invited to have dinner at the Backstage Club while watching the Youth World Finals
The Bellamy Brothers concert is slated to start at 8 p.m., Friday in the Will Rogers Auditorium following the Youth World Finals.
Saturday, July 29
- Talent show
Banquet and auction gala