US Equestrian has named a group of up-and-coming athletes to the U.S. teams for the 2017 SVAG Fédération Équestre Internationale (FEI) World Reining Championships for Juniors and Young Riders, to be held Aug. 9-12 in Givrins, Switzerland. Platinum Performance will serve as the title sponsor for the junior and young rider teams at the inaugural championships.
The following athlete-and-horse combinations will represent the U.S. (in alphabetical order):
Platinum Performance U.S. Junior Team
- Sam Flarida, of Springfield, Ohio, with Katsy Leeman’s Footwork Revolution, a 2010 Quarter Horse stallion (Einsteins Revolution x DS Fancy Footwork x Hollywood Dun It)
- Emma Lane, of Gates, North Carolina, with Bundy Lane’s Gunner Gump, a 2008 Quarter Horse gelding (Colonels Smoking Gun [Gunner] x Little Patrasha Gump x Little Gump)
- Emilia Reutimann, of Sherrills Ford, North Carolina, with Lisa Reutimann’s Black Hails Gold, a 2010 Quarter Horse gelding (Shine Like Hail x Dun Its Black Gold x Hollywood Dun It)
- Alternate: Bo Van Duys, of Westcliffe, Colorado, with her and Holly Van Duys’s Wimpys Lucky Girl, a 2009 Quarter Horse mare (Wimpys Little Step x Solanos Craker x Joker Solano)
Platinum Performance U.S. Young Rider Team
- Gabriella Kammerer, of Mt Sterling, Kentucky, with her own Gunners Star, a 2009 Paint gelding (RR Star [PT] x Gunners Smokin Jane [PT] x Gunner)
- Dani Latimer, of Marietta, Oklahoma, with Fancy Sailor Oak, a 2006 Quarter Horse gelding (Frozen Sailor x Francis Oak x ML Sir Freckles Oak)
- Cade McCutcheon, of Aubrey, Texas, and Tim and Colleen McQuay’s Yellow Jersey, a 2004 Quarter Horse stallion (Wimpys Little Step x Ms Clara Melody x Mr Melody Jac)
- Jack Medows, of Cuba, Missouri, with his own Wimpys Show Stopper, a 2006 Quarter Horse gelding (Wimpys Little Step x Pinesail x Topsail Cody)
- Alternate: Aubrey Galbraith, of Palm Beach Gardens, Florida, with Nadine Galbraith’s Cortez Conquistador, a 2008 Quarter Horse gelding (Conquistador Whiz x Magnum Done It x Magnum Chic Dream)
Find out more about the 2017 SVAG FEI World Reining Championships for Juniors and Young Riders.