National Reining Horse Association (NRHA) members have the opportunity to nominate members to represent their interests and to help guide the future of reining. Read the following overview for more information on how you can get involved in the process. (European members: Please check your email in-box for additional details on European Executive Board Elections for the European Region.)
Seats Up for Election & Nomination Deadlines
Director-at-Large on the Executive Committee (two seats): Worldwide NRHA Members are given the opportunity to nominate and vote for members to serve on the NRHA Executive Committee. Write-in candidates must be submitted by the Aug. 2 deadline. Please refer to the NRHA Elections Procedures for details.
Director for North American regions (one per region): Members from the following regions are also given the opportunity to nominate and vote for members to represent them on a regional level as an NRHA Director.
- East Central – Michigan, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Kentucky, West Virginia and Tennessee
- North Central – North Dakota, South Dakota, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Iowa and Nebraska
- South Central – Kansas, Missouri, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Texas and Louisiana
- Northeast – Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, New York, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland and District of Columbia
- Northwest – California*, Idaho*, Oregon and Washington
* If a member lives in this state and designates an affiliate for the Affiliate Regional Championships qualifying in that region, the member will be given voting privileges for that region. If the member lives in this state and does not designate an affiliate, voting privileges will be given as follows: California – Northwest region, Idaho – Northwest region and Nevada – Southwest region.
Elections will rotate to the other regions next year to continue with the alternating schedule.
NRHA Affiliates can nominate members to represent them as an NRHA Director. The deadline for Affiliate nominations is July 5. If a member wishes to be a write-in candidate, he or she may do so by the Aug. 2 deadline. Please refer to the NRHA Elections Procedures for details on both of these options, and look in the Members Only section on the NRHA website for helpful forms.
Electronic voting will open Oct. 1 at noon CDT. It will end Nov. 1 at noon CDT.
Elections Administrator Contact Information:
Christa Morris-Stone, [email protected], (405) 946-7400, ext. 105
3012 W. Reno Ave., Oklahoma City, OK 73107
Voters must be at least 19 years of age by Jan. 1, 2018, and a member in good standing to participate in this election. Members whose memberships are maintained or recorded as joint, corporate, syndicate, associate, alliance, affiliate or other type of category are not considered to be individual members, and they are not eligible to vote.