Saturday morning began with the ranches supporting the American Quarter Horse Foundation through a benefit auction that featured items such as custom-made his and her buckle sets, spurs, director’s chairs, and a hand-made quirt featuring the Return to the Remuda ranch brands. The auction raised $9,400.
The annual Return to the Remuda sale has provided the opportunity to purchase horses from legendary ranches that have been refining and perfecting American Quarter Horses for more than a century. These sale horses carry the bloodlines of generations of horses, whose ranch skills, intelligence and athletic ability today still translates to success in the arena or on the ranch.
“We had another great sale with quality buyers from twenty-nine states and Mexico,” said Four Sixes Ranch Horse Division Manager Dr. Glenn Blodgett. “The demand for talented ranching-bred horses is evident by the sale hitting the million-dollar mark for the second consecutive year.”
The top six highest sellers were:
- Hip No. 104, Stylish And A Pick, $40,000 – Consigned by Four Sixes Ranch
- Hip No. 101, TRR Spoking Pep, $40,000 – Consigned by Tongue River Ranch
- Hip No. 70, Perfect Performance, $34,000 – Consigned by Four Sixes Ranch
- Hip No. 74, Cornhuskers Pick, $31,000 – Consigned by Four Sixes Ranch
- Hip No. 56, Becaco Blackchick, $30,000 – Consigned by Beggs Cattle Co.
- Hip No. 135, Bucks Outfit, $30,000 – Consigned by Four Sixes Ranch
The participating ranches collectively donated a custom saddle made by Ken Raye’s Custom Saddlery to be raffled off following the last consignment in the sale. Buyers received an entry into the drawing for each horse that was purchased, with Sherry Pote of Arkansas taking home the saddle.
For complete results please visit www.6666ranch.com.