The Arizona Quarter Horse Association listened to exhibitor feedback regarding its Fall Championship show, and recently announced several changes to the show.
The first is a date change to Oct. 6-11. The new dates will help provide:
- Cooler weather (the average Scottsdale temperature is in the 80s)
- A cost-effective fee structure with an all-show option or pay per entry
- An alternative show option for those who are not traveling to the All American Quarter Horse Congress
- Six judges and six sets of American Quarter Horse Association (AQHA) points
- Many avenues for points and prizes for all levels of exhibitors by offering Levels 1, 2 and 3 in many classes
- Open, Youth, Amateur and Select Classes
In addition, the Arizona Reining Horse and the Arizona Quarter Horse associations are working cooperatively to produce this year’s Best of the West Reining. This event will offer a full slate of National Reining Horse Association ancillary classes along with the futurity.
Cattle classes are also being added to this year’s show. Cow horses will get the opportunity to work out of the herd and receive a score to be tallied with their reined work and fence work for the Amateur and Open Bridle Spectaculars. To keep the cost of entries low, Bridle Spectacular exhibitors will work out of the herd in the AQHA cutting only one time.
A ranch riding bonanza will offer a $500-added Amateur Ranch Riding class, a $500-added Jr. Ranch Riding class and a $500 added Sr. Ranch Riding class. The two-way awards are as follows: $500-added Amateur Ranch Riding and Amateur Reining; Amateur Ranch Riding and Amateur Ranch Trail (non-AQHA), Open Ranch Riding and Open Ranch Trail (non-AQHA).
The AZQHA is also in negotiations with a roping producer to add a timed event roping to go along with the AQHA roping already scheduled.
Thanks to West World’s incredible facilities with many arenas, Level 2 classes, lots of points and multiple times to show, this show offers it all at affordable prices. Western vendors and free clinics will compliment the competitive offerings. Visit AzFallChampionship.com frequently to stay updated or subscribe to Quarter Horse News.