The American Quarter Horse Association (AQHA) and the National Cutting Horse Association (NCHA) recently announced the locations of this year’s AQHA-NCHA Weekend events. AQHA-NCHA Weekend is set for June 5-7 in 25 cities throughout the United States and Canada.
AQHA-NCHA Weekend is cutting’s biggest celebration of its grassroots participants, and this year, all of the shows are dual-approved. This means that points earned in designated classes will count toward qualification for the Built Ford Tough AQHYA, Adequan Select, AQHA Amateur and AQHA Open World championship shows.
“This nationwide weekend of cutting is a great opportunity to spotlight the crossover between NCHA and AQHA,” said AQHA Chief Show Officer Pete Kyle. “A large percentage of the horses that compete in NCHA are American Quarter Horses, and we want to recognize those riders and their effort to qualify for an AQHA World championship show.”
AQHA points earned in the NCHA Youth class will count toward qualification for the 2016 Ford Youth World, because the qualification for the 2015 Ford Youth World will have already passed. Select, Amateur and Open exhibitor points count toward qualification for the 2015 AQHA World shows. To view a list of the points needed to qualify for each AQHA world championship show, visit www.aqha.com/showing.
Exhibitors who compete in AQHA-NCHA Weekend events and qualify for the 2015 AQHA World Championship Show will be eligible for a shot at the estimated $40,000 in Amateur payouts and more than $80,000 in Open money awarded at the AQHA World Show. A pinnacle event that attracts thousands of competitors and their American Quarter Horses each year to vie for thousands in winnings, the 2015 AQHA World Show is tentatively scheduled for Nov. 6-21 in Oklahoma City.
2015 AQHA-National Cutting Horse Association Weekend Tentative Dates and Locations
- Madras, Oregon – June 5-7 at Norton Ranch, hosted by Oregon Cutting Association
- Rancho Murieta, California – June 5-7 at Murieta Equestrian Center, hosted by Gold Country Cutting Horse Association
- Nampa, Idaho – June 6-7 at Idaho Horse Park, hosted by Idaho Cutting Horse Association
- Buffalo, Wyoming – June 6-7 at Johnson County Fairgrounds, hosted by Wyoming Cutting Horse Association
- Moriarty, New Mexico – June 5-7 at Rocking Horse Arena, hosted by New Mexico Cutting Horse Association
- Windom, Minnesota – June 6-7 at Windom Arena, hosted by South Dakota Cutting Horse Association
- Broken Bow, Nebraska – June 6 at Custer County Fairgrounds, hosted by Cutting Horse Association of Nebraska
- Waurika, Oklahoma – June 6-7 at Chisholm Trail Arena, hosted by Chisholm Trail Cutting Horse Association
- Denton, Texas – June 5-7 at Diamond T Arena, hosted by PK Cutters
- Gonzales, Texas – June 5-7 at J.B. Wells Arena, hosted by 3.5 Amigos Cutting Horse Association
- Amarillo, Texas – June 5-7 at Bill Cody Arena, hosted by Palo Duro Cutting Horse Association
- Broken Bow, Nebraska – June 7 at Custer County Fairgrounds, hosted by Iowa Cutting Horse Association
- Shelbyville, Kentucky – June 6-7 at Rocky Fork Horse Arena, hosted by Kentucky Cutting Horse Association
- Batesville, Mississippi – June 5-7 at Arena One/Cutting Horse Lane, hosted by Area 14 Affiliates
- Springville, Indiana – June 5-7 at Pilcher Arena, hosted by Great Lakes Cutting Horse Association
- Plant City, Florida – June 6-7 at Korens Quarters, hosted by Sunshine State Cutting Horse Association
- Lewisburg, West Virginia – June 6-7 at Shawnee Farms Arena, hosted by East Coast Cutting Horse Association
- Augusta, South Carolina – June 6-7 at Hippodrome Arena, hosted by Area 18 Cutting Horse Association
- Hillsboro, New Jersey – June 6-7 at Rainbow Run Arena, hosted by Pennsylvania Cutting Horse Association
- Kamloops, British Columbia – June 6-7 at Circle Creek Ranch, hosted by British Columbia Cutting Horse Association
- Hillsburg, Ontario – June 6-7 at Minshall Farm, hosted by Ontario Cutting Horse Association
- Rainsville, Alabama – June 5-7 at Northeast Alabama Agribusiness Center, hosted by Northeast Alabama Cutting Horse Association
- Anola, Manitoba – June 6-7 at Meadowview Ranch, hosted by Manitoba Cutting Horse Association
- Sulphur Springs, Texas – June 5-6 at Texas Star Ranch, hosted by Riverboats Cutting Horse Association
- Lebanon, Missouri – June 6-7 at McNail Arena, hosted by State of Missouri Cutting Horse Association