In conjunction with Equine Canada’s Annual Convention, the Industry Division 2015 Forum will be held Saturday, March 28, 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m. at the Crowne Plaza Gatineau-Ottawa in Gatineau, Quebec, Canada. The Industry Division Forum is an open meeting for everyone to discuss issues affecting the entire equine industry and includes Industry Council elections.
Break-out sessions will add to the line-up of speakers presenting a multitude of topics including:
- Canadian Federation of Agriculture’s federal election plan
- Equine Guelph’s e-learning programs
- Export and domestic market development
- Health and welfare updates including new equine biosecurity standard and changes to the Equine Infectious Anemia monitoring program in Canada
- Equine ID update
- Canadian Chinese Equestrian Racing and Polo Association presentation
- 2015 Horse Experience, and much more.
The Industry Division provides a structure for breed organizations operating in Canada to unite as a national coalition under Equine Canada. It provides a forum for the equine industry to participate in policy development and exchange information between Equine Canada, Canadian stakeholders, the Government of Canada and foreign entities.
For all delegates voting in person for the Equine Canada By-laws, Equine Canada’s AGM will be held Friday morning, March 27, 2015, at 8 a.m. to 10 a.m. EDT.