2014 NRHA Futurity’s Level 4 Open Co-Champion riding HDC Quarter Horses’ ARC Gunnabeabigstar and banking $139,916, but he was also the 2014 NRHA Top 20 Professionals’ highest money-earner with $387,545, adding to his already robust earnings.Jordan Larson, of Whitesboro, Texas, just became the National Reining Horse Association (NRHA)’s newest Two Million Dollar Rider. This milestone caps off Larson’s 2014 achievements. Not only was the NRHA Professional the
His 2014 Futurity experience was made even more poignant when his wife, Taylor, won the Cinch NRHA Futurity Levels 3 and 2 Non-Pro on Larson Performance Horses’ Wimpys Dolled Up. Larson was also a member of Team USA, competing at the 2014 FEI Alltech World Equestrian Games (WEG) and earning a gold medal in the team competition.
Other highlights of Larson’s enviable career include:
- 2001 NRHA Open World Champion riding Amber N Oak for owner Lisa Maberry
- 2010 NRHA Futurity Level 4 Open Champion riding Michell Anne Kimball’s Spooks Gotta Whiz
- 2011 AQHA Senior Reining World Champion aboard Custom Harley, owned by Rancho El Fortin
- 2013 NRHA Derby Level 4 Open Champion riding HF Mobster for Heritage Farms
- 2013 AQHA Junior Reining and Senior Reining World Champion, partnered with High Roller Whiz and Custom Cash Advance, respectively.
Larson earned his Million Dollar Rider status in 2011. Today, his NRHA lifetime earnings total $2,004,892. Larson joins the elite Two Million Dollar Rider club, which includes Tim McQuay, Shawn Flarida, Craig Schmersal, Andrea Fappani, Duane Latimer and Mandy McCutcheon.
A complete list of million-dollar earners can be found at nrha.com.