With overwhelming support from cutting horse fans, the Open finals of the National Cutting Horse Association (NCHA) Futurity on Saturday, Dec. 13, are nearing a sell-out. Only a few select seats are still available. Because of the support shown by cutting horse fans in ensuring the Futurity remains one of the strongest events in the equine industry with a packed house for NCHA’s premiere night, the NCHA Executive Committee voted to air the Open and Non-Pro semifinals and finals on a live webcast. Internet viewers will need to be registered to have access to the webcast and purchase each night individually.
The NCHA Executive Committee has worked to strike a balance between ensuring live attendance at the NCHA Futurity and trade show with the needs of members and fans who simply cannot travel to Fort Worth every year to attend in person. To strike that balance, there will be a charge to watch the semifinals and finals via the webcast that is in line with purchasing tickets if you attend these incredible nights of cutting action.
Charges will be as follows:
- Wednesday, Dec. 10: Non-Pro semifinals – $9.95
- Thursday, Dec. 11: Non-Pro finals – $14.95
- Friday, Dec. 12: Open semifinals – $14.95
- Saturday, Dec. 13: Open finals – $24.95
If you are watching the Unlimited Amateur semifinals on Wednesday during the day, the live stream will be turned off after the conclusion of that event and you will need to go back to the video selection page and choose the Non-Pro semifinals to watch those sets in the evening.
Here are some suggestions for the minimum requirements you will need to watch the Webcast:
- A computer with at least a 2.3 Gigahertz processor (Intel Core 2 or newer).
- Minimum 2 GB RAM
- Windows 7 or 8 or OS X
- Internet Explorer 9 or later
- Some members have experienced better viewing using either Safari or Google Chrome browsers.
- Download speed of approximately 3 MB (you can test your Internet speed at click here)
- Must have most recent version of Adobe Flash Player (click here for more information click here)
- For best performance, close all other programs on your computer.