All the spur straps at Dennis Moreland Tack are made with an important safety feature: the inside spur button is covered with a thin leather teardrop so you won’t catch your buttons on each other or on your jeans and trip. This is important especially when doing any kind of ground work with your horses, colts or cattle!
1. Required items are a small flat screwdriver, a pair of needle nose pliers and your spurs and straps.
2. Spread the opening in the outside strap (smaller strap with buckle) using the pliers. Push the edge of the outside button through the hole. Wedge the screwdriver in the opening on top of and parallel with the button. Leverage the strap behind the button with the screwdriver.
3. Spread the opening in the back of the inside strap (larger strap) with the pliers.
4. Place 1 edge of the inside button in the opening. Using the screwdriver leverage the leather on the opposite side of the opening over the top of the button. This takes some work and may require more than 1 attempt.
5. This picture shows the mounted spur straps from the back side.
6. This picture shows the mounted spur straps from the front. Notice the teardrop shaped button cover which will help prevent spur buttons catching and causing falls when you’re working from the ground.
Dennis Moreland Tack produces several styles of handmade spur straps in sizes for the whole family. They’re the perfect stocking stuffer for the horse lovers on your list! For more information give us a call at 817-312-5305 or visit: http://www.dmtack.com/pcategory/spurs/spur-straps/
We’re a full-line handmade tack manufacturer and we’re here to help you. Read more Tack Talk below: