Smart Spook reached another milestone in his career by becoming the National Reining Horse Association’s (NRHA) 13th Two Million Dollar Sire. Helping him reach this milestone was his son Colonels Smart Spook, owned by Sally Amabile and shown by NRHA Professional and Million Dollar Rider Jordan Larson. Colonels Smart Spook won the World Championship Shootout held during the NRHA Futurity.
Smart Spook, a 2001 stallion owned and bred by Million Dollar Owner Rosanne Sternberg, is by Smart Chic Olena and out of Sugarplum Spook, by Grays Starlight. With $403,150 in NRHA lifetime earnings Smart Spook won the 2004 NRHA Futurity Level 4 Open, the 2005 NRHA Derby Level 4 Open, the 2005 AQHA Junior Reining World Championship, and earned six Gold Medals in FEI World Reining Masters competition.
Smart Spook’s top-earning offspring include:
• Custom Spook (out of Custom Spinderella): $184,400 NRHA LTE, owned by Million Dollar Owner Rancho Oso Rio LLC; 2010 NRHA Futurity Level 4 Open finalist, 2011 NRHA Derby Level 4 Open finalist, 2012 NRBC Level 3 Open finalist, 2013 NRBC Level 3 Open finalist
• Red Stripe Spook (out of Ms Red Capri): $175,800 NRHA LTE, owned by Bonnie Hippensteel; 2010 NRHA Futurity Level 4 Open Reserve Champion, 2013 NRBC Level 4 Open finalist
• Spook Off Sparks (out of Setting Off Sparks): $142,300 NRHA LTE, owned by Silver Spurs Equine; 2011 NRHA Cowtown Level 4 Open finalist, 2011 Scottsdale Classic Futurity Level 4 Open Champion, 2011 NRHA Futurity Level 4 Open Reserve Champion
• Spooks N Sparks (out of Whizicle): $100,700 NRHA LTE, owned by Tamarack Ranch LLC; 2011 NRHA Futurity Levels 4 and 3 Non-Pro Champion, 2012 NRBC Level 4 Non-Pro finalist, 2012 NRHA Derby Level 4 Non-Pro finalist
• Jacs Lil Spook (out of Miss Whoa Jac): $94,700 NRHA LTE, owned by Ruben Pacheco Cuevas; 2010 NRHA Futurity Levels 3, 2 and 1 Open finalist, 2011 NRBC Levels 2 and 1 Open Champion, Level 3 Open Reserve Champion and Level 4 finalist; 2011 NRHA Derby Levels 2 and 1 Open finalist