The 40th annual North American International Livestock Exposition (NAILE) is scheduled for Nov. 9-22 at the Kentucky Exposition Center (KEC), Louisville, Ken. Planning for this year’s event is underway. Individual breed show dates will be finalized soon.
Purebred livestock from across the United States compete at the NAILE for top breed association honors and national recognition. Last year there were more than 26,000 entries, a new show record. This year’s exhibitors will compete for nearly $750,000 in premiums and awards. Preliminary show division dates are:
- Beef Cattle Show: November 16 – 22, 2013
- Boer and Junior Wether Goat Show: November 19 – 21, 2013
- Cowboy Mounted Shooting: November 14 – 16, 2013
- Dairy Cattle Show: November 8 – 12, 2013
- Dairy Goat Show: November 8 – 10, 2013
- Draft Horses Show: November 15 – 16, 2013
- Giant Country Store: November 9 – 22, 2013
- Llama and Alpaca Show: November 8 – 10, 2013
- Quarter Horse Show: November 5 – 13, 2013
- Sheep Show: November 15 – 22, 2013
- Swine Show: November 9 – 11, 2013
In July, premium and information catalog as well as entry forms will be available on the Expo’s website at www.livestockexpo.org. Those who have entered livestock at the NAILE in the last two years will receive printed catalogs and entry forms in the mail. Catalogs are free, and anyone wishing to receive one in print or on CD should contact the NAILE offices at P.O. Box 36367, Louisville, KY 40233-6367, by fax at 502-367-5299, or by e-mail at [email protected]
The NAILE is produced by the Commonwealth of Kentucky at the Kentucky Exposition Center under the direction of the Kentucky State Fair Board. During the Expo’s two-week run, the facility’s entire 1,200,000 square feet of climate-controlled exhibit space is used. More than 200,000 visitors and exhibitors attend the event annually.