The American Paint Horse Association (APHA) is currently offering a more affordable registration special dedicated to older horses. Those with at least one Paint parent who are eligible for either Regular Registry or solid Paint-bred registration are impacted, and any APHA member may take advantage of the savings offer.
Horses with two Quarter Horse or Thoroughbred parents, commonly known as cropout horses, are not eligible for the registration incentive.
Horses 2 years old and older that are eligible for Regular Registry may be registered for $100, and horses 3 years old and older who are eligible for Solid Paint-Bred registration may be registered for $50. For members who choose to register online can save up to $400 when registering Regular Registry horses 2 years old and older, and $50 when registering Solid Paint-Breds 3 years old and older.
For a complete 2013-14 registration fee schedule, see the Official APHA Rule Book
The registration process can be completed on the website, or applications can be downloaded through APHA online. To register a horse online, log onto aphaonline.org as a member, and select “Foal Registration” from the drop-down bar to the right of the screen. Only the recorded owner of the dam at the time of foaling can register a foal online. Gather the following items needed to complete the online registration process:
- • APHA membership identification number and pin
- • Breeder’s certificate control number (Provided on the preprinted breeders certificate mailed to the stallion owner or can be obtained by clicking “Start” and “Find your BC;” then entering the registration number for the Sire/Dam and breeding year.)
- • Quarter Horse or Thoroughbred mares must be enrolled for breeding.
- • Breeding must be pre-released by the stallion owner
- • Digital photographs must be saved in a .jpg format, at least 800 x 600 pixels.
- • Method of payment (Visa, Mastercard or American Express)
Online horse registrations can be completed in five steps:
- • Enter the foaling details, like location foaled and sex of the horse.
- • Horse identification information, like color, coat pattern, identification remarks
- • Name your horse, and provide 3 unique name choices. Select the name search link at public access to assist with your name selection.
- • Upload your foal’s required photographs — all four sides.
- • Upload additional photographs.
For assistance with the registration process, call 817-222-6423 or email memberc[email protected]