According to Forbes, "Not everyone was happy on January 2 when President Obama signed into law the American Taxpayer Relief Act, notably those whose first 2013 paychecks were smaller than the ones they’d received in 2012. But the law gave horse owners a reason to raise a glass in a belated New Year’s toast, as it enacted retroactively favorable provisions that had expired at the end of 2011."
This year, the 2013 AQHA Convention registration includes the president’s reception, sponsored by Pfizer Animal Health, along with a ticket to Rodeo Houston at the Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo. Rodeo Houston entertainment for the evening will be Tim McGraw. The convention takes place March 8-11 in Houston, Texas.
Jan. 2, 2013 - The Philly Dawg blog in the Philadelphia Inquirer, written by Amy Worden, addresses the New York Times' report on drugging of horses at shows: "A report in the Dec. 30, 2012, New York Times reveals widespread drug use in equestrian sports right up to the Olympic level. In dozens of random tests since 2010 it found dozens of instances where horses had been drugged before competitions."
There are "calls for increased policing of equestrian events..."
November 2012 - According to the AQHA Journal, "AQHA Past President Don Burt passed away Saturday, Nov. 24. A horseman, leader, visionary and, above all, gentleman were on the short list of words used to describe him when he was inducted into the American Quarter Horse Hall of Fame in 2004."
More Articles ...
- NCHA Facing Legal Issues
- Sun Circuit Update
- Frank Merrill Joins Bob Moore Farms
- llinois Auctioneer Gordon Hannagan Passes Away
- Good-Bye To Gordon Hannagan
- AQHA Honors 50-Year Breeders
- Feds To Sell Mexican Cartel's Quarter Horses
- eyeD to Provide Equine Identification Services at APHA World Show
- Rita Crundwell Charged With 60 Counts Of Felony Theft
- Jim Ware Resigns
- Humane Society Offers Tip Line For Horse Abusers
- Two Quarter Horses Euthanized After Racing
- AQHA Announces 2013 Hall of Fame Inductees
- Jim Shoemake Elected AHC Chairman
- Tortured and Abandoned Dog ‘Hope’ Doing Well, Will Assume Residence at New Home Soon
- Coalson's Real Estate Tips - Realistic vs. Overpriced
- Bail Denied In Zetas Horse/Money Laundering Case
- Adan Banuelos Wins World's Greatest Horseman Shootout
- Coalson Real Estate Tip – Mortgage Rates & Good Credit
- America's Horse in Art
- Battle In The Saddle
- Amendment to Ban Horse Slaughter Passes Appropriations Committee
- Smart Chic Olena Dies
- Guy McLean to Perform at Battle In The Saddle
- FEI OK's Cloned Horses To Compete
- Judge Rules to Sell Crundwell Quarter Horses
- Coalson Real Estate Tip — Pleasing Versus Shocking the Masses
- New Equestrian Multi-Purpose Building in Fort Worth
- Coalson Real Estate Tip – When to Purchase
- 2012 AQHA World Show Schedule Announced
- 2012 Battle In The Saddle Results
- Coalson's Real Estate Tips – Surveys
- Alleged College Cattle Thief Arrested
- Rita Crundwell Pleads Not Guilty
- 2012 Adequan Select World Championship Show Schedule Available
- Coalson's Real Estate Tips: Owner's Policy of Title Insurance
- Built Ford Tough AQHYA World Show
- DOL Nixes Child Labor Rule
- Coalson's Real Estate Tips: Real Estate Professional or For Sale by Owner?
- 2012 Battle In The Saddle Schedule