The American Quarter Horse Association will host its first Latin American Championships April 17-22 in Avaré, Sao Paulo, Brazil. The event is open to all AQHA members in good standing who reside in or are citizens of Latin America. Horses exhibited must be registered American Quarter Horses, and special arrangements will be allowed for leased horses to compete.
More than $2.7 million will be divided among nominated foals that earned a total of 130,066.5 points – making the American Quarter Horse Association Incentive Fund payout for the 2011 show season $21.14 per point.
Are you ready to hoof it to Las Vegas? The 2012 AQHA Convention March 9-12 at the South Point Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas is just around the corner and slated to be one of the largest ever.
Heralded as the great American Western horse showdown, Battle In The Saddle, July 3-8 in Oklahoma City, Okla., is sure to not disappoint. The 2012 event will feature versatility ranch horse competition, cutting, roping, cowboy mounted shooting, barrel racing, working cow horse, ranch sorting and a ranch remuda challenge.
Recognizing that animal welfare is the single-most important issue facing the equine industry today, the American Quarter Horse Association Executive Committee has appointed the 12-member AQHA Animal Welfare Commission, which met February 6-8 in Dallas.
- New Goal for Rein in Cancer
- AQHA Offers Genetic Disease Panel Test
- Poll: 80% Percent Of Americans Oppose Horse Slaughter
- APHA Announces Changes To Youth World Show
- Where Are Cattle Prices Headed?
- Billy Smith Hired As APHA Executive Director
- Equine Champions for Christ Hosts Free Cutting Clinic
- American Quarter Horse Association Leveling Program
- Horse Trailer Crash Investigation
- U.S. Cropland/Pastureland Totals More Than 1 Billion Acres
- Youth Division Added to Supreme Extreme Mustang Makeover
- Effort To Oppose Endangered Species Process
- Big Boost to CSU Equine Program
- Colorado State University Begins Fundraising For a New Equine Repro Lab
- APHA: New Genetic Testing Options
- U.S. Horse Slaughter Plants May Return Under New Bill
- Stolen Arkansas Horses: 4 of 5 Found!
- Genuine Doc Deceased at Age 34
- AQHA-Pfizer Best Remuda Award
- DOL Seeks To Limit/Control Child Labor On Ranches, Farms & All Ag Enterprises
- Update on Stolen Trailer and Horses
- 2011 AQHA World Show
- Services for Yvon Mathieu Announced
- Farewell To Jim Dunn
- 50-Year Breeders Honored
- Do You Employ Foreign Workers? U.S. Dept. of Labor Demands Wage Standard
- AQHA Changes World Show Schedule
- Adequan AQHA Select World Championship Show
- AQHA Adequan Select World Show
- AQHA Ranching Heritage Breeders and Ranching Heritage Challenge Programs
- Arizona Horse Trainers Honored for Catching Master Angler Fish
- Woman Faces Charge In Texas Horse Deaths
- Champions Crowned at AQHyA World Show
- Horses Found Dead in Parker County Texas
- Race-Day Medications Banned
- 2012 AQHA Hall of Fame Inductees
- Stallion Tests Positive for CEM in Arizona
- CSU Equine Repro Lab Fire: Update & Plans
- Patti Colbert Named Fern Sawyer Award Winner
- AQHA Develops New Program Recognizes Ranch Horses, Breeders and Riders