According to the AQHA Journal, "Ten honorees – five men and five horses – will join the 144 people and 89 horses already in the American Quarter Horse Hall of Fame. The inductees will be honored at the 2013 American Quarter Horse Association Convention in March 2013 in Houston.
Some people seem to think the world is full of wealthy, ignorant buyers. Some of these same people have the mentality that one of these wealthy ignorant buyers will somehow happen by their grossly overpriced property and write a check for it. After 22 years of working in the farm and ranch real estate business, I have yet to cross paths with one of these individuals.
99.5 percent of the sellers out there today who really want to sell must take a hard, cold look at the property’s realistic value. What is my property really worth in today’s market? The formal way to do this is with an appraisal performed by an appraiser with a MAI (Member of Appraisal Institute) designation. These are considered the highest-ranking appraisers in the industry.
Another way is a broker’s opinion, which is based on opinions of an area and not comparables such as the MAI appraiser would use. People with means (money) normally don’t acquire it without being somewhat intelligent or very smart business people. Many people who inherit money have been around very astute businessmen or have access to attorneys or trust departments who employ highly intelligent people.
The bottom line is, if you are going to take the time to sell your property, price it correctly with some negotiating room. If you are grossly overpriced, very few if any will even look at it.
McAllen Coalson, Broker / COALSON REAL ESTATE
July 8, 2012 - According to UPI news, "A federal judge denied bail to a Texas man accused of laundering money for the Mexican Zetas drug cartel through purchasing and training racehorses."
June 2012 - According to the New York Times, drug money from a Mexican cartel has snaked its way into Quarter Horse racing. The Treviño brothers established a prominent horse breeding operation, Tremor Enterprises, in the United States that allowed them to launder millions of dollars in drug money, according to current and former federal law enforcement officials. Miguel Ángel Treviño Morales, second in command of Mexico's Zetas drug trafficking organization, and his older brother, José Treviño Morales, had claimed the million-dollar All American Futurity in 2010 with a colt named Mr. Piloto. In the short span of three years, Tremor won three of the industry’s biggest races, with prizes totaling some $2.5 million.
The brothers have stables in Ruidoso, N.M., and a ranch in Oklahoma with an estimated 300 stallions and mares. The Justice Department moved against Tremor on Tuesday morning, June 12. Follow the Quarter Horse racing drug money story here.
- Adan Banuelos Wins World's Greatest Horseman Shootout
- Coalson Real Estate Tip – Mortgage Rates & Good Credit
- America's Horse in Art
- Battle In The Saddle
- Amendment to Ban Horse Slaughter Passes Appropriations Committee
- Smart Chic Olena Dies
- Guy McLean to Perform at Battle In The Saddle
- FEI OK's Cloned Horses To Compete
- Judge Rules to Sell Crundwell Quarter Horses
- Coalson Real Estate Tip — Pleasing Versus Shocking the Masses
- New Equestrian Multi-Purpose Building in Fort Worth
- Coalson Real Estate Tip – When to Purchase
- 2012 AQHA World Show Schedule Announced
- 2012 Battle In The Saddle Results
- Coalson's Real Estate Tips – Surveys
- Alleged College Cattle Thief Arrested
- Rita Crundwell Pleads Not Guilty
- 2012 Adequan Select World Championship Show Schedule Available
- Coalson's Real Estate Tips: Owner's Policy of Title Insurance
- Built Ford Tough AQHYA World Show
- DOL Nixes Child Labor Rule
- Coalson's Real Estate Tips: Real Estate Professional or For Sale by Owner?
- 2012 Battle In The Saddle Schedule
- Coalson's Real Estate Tip – Improved Pasture Maintenance
- Coalson's Real Estate Tips – Ag Exemption
- AQHA Convention Wrap-up
- Trainer Indicted For Alleged Horse Protection Act Violations
- Glenn Blodgett Elected to AQHA Executive Committee
- Comptroller's Use of Texas Sports Event Funds Questioned
- OQHA Executive Vice President Search Announcement
- Coalson's Real Estate Tips
- Coat Color Testing
- AQHA World Show Webcast
- Latin American Championships
- AQHA Incentive Fund Payout
- Battle In The Saddle Returns
- 2012 AQHA Convention
- Animal Welfare Commission
- New Goal for Rein in Cancer
- AQHA Offers Genetic Disease Panel Test