McAllen Coalson, Broker / Coalson Real Estate
March 2012 - According to the Chattanooga Times Free Press, "Federal criminal charges against a top trainer in the multimillion-dollar Tennessee walking horse industry have some asking whether current methods to halt abusive practices of 'horse soring' are effective or if the entire sport needs an overhaul.
'I think it is a huge wake-up call for the industry. [McConnell] is a key player,” said Keith Dane, director of equine protection for the Humane Society of the United States.' "
According to an article in the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, there are questions about the oversight of money being distributed by the Event Trust Fund in Texas. "... in recent years [Texas Comptroller Susan] Combs has used that power to approve millions of dollars in expenditures on events that originated here and don't appear to be leaving Texas anytime soon."
The Event Trust Fund's contributions greatly benefit a number of equine events held in Texas, including shows produced by NCHA, NRHA, APHA, AQHA and NRCHA.
- OQHA Executive Vice President Search Announcement
- Coalson's Real Estate Tips
- Coat Color Testing
- AQHA World Show Webcast
- Latin American Championships
- AQHA Incentive Fund Payout
- Battle In The Saddle Returns
- 2012 AQHA Convention
- Animal Welfare Commission
- New Goal for Rein in Cancer
- AQHA Offers Genetic Disease Panel Test
- Poll: 80% Percent Of Americans Oppose Horse Slaughter
- APHA Announces Changes To Youth World Show
- Where Are Cattle Prices Headed?
- Billy Smith Hired As APHA Executive Director
- Equine Champions for Christ Hosts Free Cutting Clinic
- American Quarter Horse Association Leveling Program
- Horse Trailer Crash Investigation
- U.S. Cropland/Pastureland Totals More Than 1 Billion Acres
- Youth Division Added to Supreme Extreme Mustang Makeover
- Effort To Oppose Endangered Species Process
- Big Boost to CSU Equine Program
- Colorado State University Begins Fundraising For a New Equine Repro Lab
- APHA: New Genetic Testing Options
- U.S. Horse Slaughter Plants May Return Under New Bill
- Stolen Arkansas Horses: 4 of 5 Found!
- Genuine Doc Deceased at Age 34
- AQHA-Pfizer Best Remuda Award
- DOL Seeks To Limit/Control Child Labor On Ranches, Farms & All Ag Enterprises
- Update on Stolen Trailer and Horses
- 2011 AQHA World Show
- Services for Yvon Mathieu Announced
- Farewell To Jim Dunn
- 50-Year Breeders Honored
- Do You Employ Foreign Workers? U.S. Dept. of Labor Demands Wage Standard
- AQHA Changes World Show Schedule
- Adequan AQHA Select World Championship Show
- AQHA Adequan Select World Show
- AQHA Ranching Heritage Breeders and Ranching Heritage Challenge Programs
- Arizona Horse Trainers Honored for Catching Master Angler Fish