According to FarmProgress, "Based on survey responses from feedlots with more than 1,000 head capacity, USDA estimated cattle on feed Jan. 1, 2013 totaled 11.861 million head. The data indicate U.S. feedlots with capacities of over 1,000 head placed a total of 1.490 million fewer cattle in 2012 than in 2011."
The American Quarter Horse Association recently announced the point ranges that will determine a rider’s or horse’s competition level for two 2012 test pilot shows per the new AQHA leveling program. Full leveling will go into effect in 2013.
Investing in the youth of a sport is a strong step toward a powerful and productive future. Kenny and Jo Hague, the founders of Equine Champions For Christ, understand this concept and have dedicated hours of effort to teaching equestrian youth. Through their work teaching Christian leadership with free instructional clinics, they have helped youth from across the country to achieve their goals, to learn the skills of their discipline and to become future rodeo stars with a devotion to Christianity.
January 2012 - An investigation has been launched after a horse trailer wrecked on a Tennessee interstate on the evening of Jan. 16. The driver, Mance Frank Reed, was charged with several violations after three horses were killed when a semi carrying three dozen horses flipped on its side. Read the whole story by clicking here.
- U.S. Cropland/Pastureland Totals More Than 1 Billion Acres
- Youth Division Added to Supreme Extreme Mustang Makeover
- Effort To Oppose Endangered Species Process
- Big Boost to CSU Equine Program
- Colorado State University Begins Fundraising For a New Equine Repro Lab
- APHA: New Genetic Testing Options
- U.S. Horse Slaughter Plants May Return Under New Bill
- Stolen Arkansas Horses: 4 of 5 Found!
- Genuine Doc Deceased at Age 34
- AQHA-Pfizer Best Remuda Award
- DOL Seeks To Limit/Control Child Labor On Ranches, Farms & All Ag Enterprises
- Update on Stolen Trailer and Horses
- 2011 AQHA World Show
- Services for Yvon Mathieu Announced
- Farewell To Jim Dunn
- 50-Year Breeders Honored
- Do You Employ Foreign Workers? U.S. Dept. of Labor Demands Wage Standard
- AQHA Changes World Show Schedule
- Adequan AQHA Select World Championship Show
- AQHA Adequan Select World Show
- AQHA Ranching Heritage Breeders and Ranching Heritage Challenge Programs
- Arizona Horse Trainers Honored for Catching Master Angler Fish
- Woman Faces Charge In Texas Horse Deaths
- Champions Crowned at AQHyA World Show
- Horses Found Dead in Parker County Texas
- Race-Day Medications Banned
- 2012 AQHA Hall of Fame Inductees
- Stallion Tests Positive for CEM in Arizona
- CSU Equine Repro Lab Fire: Update & Plans
- Patti Colbert Named Fern Sawyer Award Winner
- AQHA Develops New Program Recognizes Ranch Horses, Breeders and Riders
- Sandy Collier Among 2011 National Cowgirl Hall of Fame Inductees
- Restaurants To Expand Services at Will Rogers
- Leveling Proposal for AQHA Shows
- Video Interview with Heiligbrodts About Dispersal Sale
- The Animal Rights Extremists Nearing Victory in California
- Calgary Stampede: Cowboys Get Ready!
- AAEP Statement Regarding GAO Study: Supports Return to Funding for USDA Horse Inspections
- Quarter Horse News Wins Numerous Equine Publications Awards
- NRHA Derby Results