The American Quarter Horse Association recently announced the point ranges that will determine a rider’s or horse’s competition level for two 2012 test pilot shows per the new AQHA leveling program. Full leveling will go into effect in 2013.
January 2012 - An investigation has been launched after a horse trailer wrecked on a Tennessee interstate on the evening of Jan. 16. The driver, Mance Frank Reed, was charged with several violations after three horses were killed when a semi carrying three dozen horses flipped on its side. Read the whole story by clicking here.
The Supreme Extreme Mustang Makeover will add a new twist in 2012 as 100 yearlings will be offered for adoption for a new youth division. Yearlings will be adopted prior to the Supreme similar to the 200 older geldings that will be offered, too. In 2012, three adult divisions with combined purses and prizes estimated at $200,000 will again be held in addition to the new youth division. The Supreme Extreme Mustang Makeover competition will take place at the Will Rogers Equestrian Center in Fort Worth, Texas, Sept. 13-15. Applications for potential adopters are due on Feb. 13. The adoption auction will take place March 31 through Superior Productions on RDF-TV.
Jan. 2012 - According to the U.S. Department of Agriculture, 45 percent of the United States is currently classified as cropland and pastureland. Read the statistical information at the Cattle Network here.
Texas Land Commissioner Jerry Patterson is leading an effort to unite 23 western states to oppose the federal government’s process for adding birds, bugs, lizards and other critters to the list of protected endangered species.
- Big Boost to CSU Equine Program
- Colorado State University Begins Fundraising For a New Equine Repro Lab
- APHA: New Genetic Testing Options
- U.S. Horse Slaughter Plants May Return Under New Bill
- Stolen Arkansas Horses: 4 of 5 Found!
- Genuine Doc Deceased at Age 34
- AQHA-Pfizer Best Remuda Award
- DOL Seeks To Limit/Control Child Labor On Ranches, Farms & All Ag Enterprises
- Update on Stolen Trailer and Horses
- 2011 AQHA World Show
- Services for Yvon Mathieu Announced
- Farewell To Jim Dunn
- 50-Year Breeders Honored
- Do You Employ Foreign Workers? U.S. Dept. of Labor Demands Wage Standard
- AQHA Changes World Show Schedule
- Adequan AQHA Select World Championship Show
- AQHA Adequan Select World Show
- AQHA Ranching Heritage Breeders and Ranching Heritage Challenge Programs
- Arizona Horse Trainers Honored for Catching Master Angler Fish
- Woman Faces Charge In Texas Horse Deaths
- Champions Crowned at AQHyA World Show
- Horses Found Dead in Parker County Texas
- Race-Day Medications Banned
- 2012 AQHA Hall of Fame Inductees
- Stallion Tests Positive for CEM in Arizona
- CSU Equine Repro Lab Fire: Update & Plans
- Patti Colbert Named Fern Sawyer Award Winner
- AQHA Develops New Program Recognizes Ranch Horses, Breeders and Riders
- Sandy Collier Among 2011 National Cowgirl Hall of Fame Inductees
- Restaurants To Expand Services at Will Rogers
- Leveling Proposal for AQHA Shows
- Video Interview with Heiligbrodts About Dispersal Sale
- The Animal Rights Extremists Nearing Victory in California
- Calgary Stampede: Cowboys Get Ready!
- AAEP Statement Regarding GAO Study: Supports Return to Funding for USDA Horse Inspections
- Quarter Horse News Wins Numerous Equine Publications Awards
- NRHA Derby Results
- Test Tube Beef Only A Year Away
- Official Committee Recommendations From the 2011 NCHA Convention
- GAO Report: Action Needed to Address Unintended Consequences from Cessation of Domestic Slaughter